Moonstone Theatre COVID-19 Reopening Plan
Plan Implementation Date: 9/21/2021
Organization Name: Moonstone Theatre Company
Centene Center for the Arts
3547 Olive Street
Saint Louis, MO 63103
Moonstone Theatre Company is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for our patrons and staff. Moonstone Theatre Company believes the key to returning to normalcy is the continued vigilance in protecting our community from the spread of COVID-19 in our spaces.
The listed COVID-19 guidelines will be in effect for our rehearsal and production spaces at the Kirkwood Performing Arts Center and various spaces used for meetings in the St. Louis area, including our offices in the Centene Center for the Arts.
Our programming will consist of rehearsals and performances of our 2021-2022 season. Any additional outreach will adhere to CDC recommended guidelines as the situation progresses in the United States.
Our opening plans consist of 3 productions in November 2021, February/March 2022, and March/April 2022. In accordance with St. Louis County guidelines, we anticipate a full capacity of around 120 patrons. Capacity is subject to change with the ongoing CDC and St. Louis County guidelines.
To create our COVID-19 plan, our team has consulted recommendations from the Center for Disease Control, The Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Actors Equity Association and local ordinances from the city of St. Louis and St. Louis county.
Our COVID-19 plan will be regularly updated and reviewed as the increase in vaccinations and ongoing changes with COVID-19 continue.
Rehearsal and Performance Guidelines
Moonstone Theatre Company is committed to the health and safety of our community. As part of our reopening plan and COVID-19 guidelines, the following safety protocols will be implemented in our rehearsal and performance spaces.
The following guidelines apply to our year-round staff, production staff and patrons to Moonstone events and performances.
- Face coverings will be required for all staff and patrons.
- Face coverings will be work over the mouth and nose. Face coverings will also be washed or replaced daily.
- Non-medical disposable masks will be made available at no cost to individuals who arrive without safe face coverings.
- Mask requirements will be lifted when individuals are alone in private offices or spaces that provide acceptable partition or distancing.
- Social Distancing will be maintained at all times. All individuals will maintain a distance of 6 feet from other individuals.
- Distancing tape and markers will be placed in rehearsal and performing spaces to help implement social distancing.
- Individuals feeling unwell will be required to remain at home until symptoms have dissipated.
- Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 will be required to quarantine for 14 days or until they can provide a negative COVID-19 test.
- Upon entering, individuals will have their temperature taken and will record their health status.
- Year-round staff are actively working remotely until COVID conditions have improved.
- Ticketing services have been primarily online services, and patrons are encouraged to utilize our online ticketing methods.
- Social distancing markers will be utilized to help with patron services.
- Our staff is currently working remotely to help mitigate contact and allowing for capacity issues to be addressed.
- Rehearsals and Performances will adhere to local ordinances on capacity, which will be monitored regularly for any updates.
Enhanced Sanitation & Hygiene
- Hand Hygiene tools and sanitation equipment will be provided at all meetings, rehearsals, and performances.
- Signage and reminders will be placed to individuals regarding sanitation and hygiene protocols.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection procedures will take place before, during, and after hours of operation.
- All staff and volunteers will be required to watch the COVID-19 safety videos from the Missouri ArtSafe Program.