Moonstone Theatre Company announces auditions for
The House of Blue Leaves
by John Guare
- First Rehearsal: June 23rd. 2020
- First Performance: July 16th, 2020
- Closing: August 2nd, 2020
- Special Appearance Level II
- All Actors are compensated.
- Moonstone Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Equity actors 10am-1pm
- Non-Equity actors 1pm-6pm
- Monday October 28th, 2019, 6pm-10pm
- Jewish Community Center
- 2 Millstone Campus Drive
- St. Louis, MO, 63126
- Sharon Hunter, Artistic Director-Producer
- Annamaria Pileggi, Director
- 2 contrasting contemporary monologues.
- Audition should not exceed 3 minutes.
Appointments can be scheduled:
A young 18 years old. All his hair is shaved off, and he wears big glasses. Wears a heavy army coat and under that a suit of Army fatigue clothes. Plans to blow up the Pope.
A pretty, pink, electric woman in her 40’s.
Was a young actress—made one movie with Billy Einhorn. Due to an accident on set, she is now severely hearing impaired. Wears hearing aids with a transistor. Billy’s girlfriend.
A sergeant. Keeps the other nuns in line.
Competitive with the Head Nun. Rather biting and acerbic.
Naïve. Loves peanut butter.
A Military Policeman who has come to arrest Ronnie who is AWOL.
An orderly from the mental institution who comes to pick up Bananas.
An old friend of Artie’s. Now a movie director in Hollywood. Has a mustache.