Moonstone Theatre Company is pleased to announce auditions for the Barefoot in the Park by Neil Simon and directed by Sharon Hunter.
This production will be performed at the Strauss Black Box at the Kirkwood Performing Arts Center
Our casting process will be auditions via taped video submission, followed by in-person callbacks at a date to be determined.
- Seeking AEA and non AEA actors.
- All positions are paid. Pay range is AEA scale for Special Appearance contract and for non AEA $500-$700 flat fee for the project.
- Moonstone Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages inquiries about these opportunities from a broad spectrum of candidates reflecting the diversity of our community we serve. We welcome trans and genderqueer performers.
- All actors and production personnel must have current COVID vaccinations and provide a copy of vaccination card.
General schedule information:
- First Rehearsal: Oct 4, 2022
- Opens: October 27, 2022
- Closes: November 13, 2022
- Weeknights 6 pm-10 pm Weekends 11 am-4 pm, with one day off per week.
- Monday is the scheduled day off
- *Rehearsal schedule is subject to change
- Thursdays at 7:30 pm
- Friday at 7:30 pm (10/28 & 11/4) Friday (11/11 – NO PERFORMANCE)
- Saturdays at 7:30 pm (10/29 & 11/5) Saturday (11/12 3pm & 7:30pm)
- Sundays at 2 pm (10/30, 11/6 & 11/13)
Please submit one comic monologue and one dramatic monologue not to exceed 3 minutes.
Paul Bratter Late 20’s Paul is 26 but breathes and dresses like 56. He carries a heavy suitcase and an attaché case and all the dignity he can bear
Corie Bratter Mid 20’s She is lovely, young, and full of hope for the future.
Mrs. Ethel Banks 40s-50s. Ethel Banks is the proud mother of newlywed Corie Bratter. A widow, she now lives alone in New Jersey.
Victor Velasco 50s. Victor Velasco, also known as “The Bluebeard of 48th Street,” is the eccentric upstairs neighbor of newlyweds Corie and Paul Bratter.
Telephone Man 30s-50s. Henry Pepper works for AT&T. He visits the Bratter’s apartment to set up their new telephone. The trek up the six flights of stairs (or five flights plus the stoop) wipes him out.
Delivery Man 40-60s. The delivery man works for Lord & Taylor. He brings the Bratter’s wedding gifts to their new apartment. The trek up the six flights of stairs (or five flights plus the stoop) nearly kills him.
Taped video submission material required:
In terms of Videos – filmed in horizontal background, Please slate your name/pronouns. Please shoot against a white/light background.
Please email your headshot and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should include a video link for viewing either YouTube or Vimeo. Please note that the video should be listed as “Unlisted” rather than private on Youtube and as ”Anyone” or”people with a private link” on Vimeo. If your video requires a password, please include it in your email. Please do not share via We Transfer, Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud or any other file sharing platforms that require downloading to view.
No phone calls please.
Deadline for audition submissions is: August 23, 2022
Submit videos, headshot and resume to email@example.com
Casting Authority: Sharon Hunter – Director/Artistic Director